"Next Breath" Polish & Business Cards

I did a paper read-through of "Next Breath" and tweaked some stuff. I still find printing out a copy of the story and marking it up in pen is the best first step. Since I'm used to reading paper, I prefer to see how it looks on a sheet and figuring out how I want it to look. Once my scribblings are done, I correct everything in the digital file then do another pass in front of my computer screen.

A story is never done. Every time I reread something I've written, I always tweak something. You just need to know when to stop trying to perfect something. Maybe if Michelangelo stopped trying to perfect David's wang it would be a lot bigger.

So, I sent off "Next Breath" to Writers of the Future. It will be nice sending this close to the deadline so I don't have to wait as long to get a response.

I also had some thoughts on making my writer's business card a little nicer. Never know when you are going to rub shoulders with fellow writers or publishers. I added my cool AI poster to it and I'm not sure if I like it better than my old card or not. The old card has an old school painting of a writer smoking over his writing desk that I found on the internet like 20 years ago and since I can no longer find it, maybe I can claim ownership? I know I can claim the AI Hallway Writing poster as my own since I tweaked it myself to suit my needs. As long as AI image generation is free, might as well use it. (The writer painting is on my About Page and the AI poster is on the footer for most of my Pages, if you want to take a look.) Haven't printed them yet since I ran out of black ink. Hurry up, Amazon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Smoke Pulp Vol 2 News & The Edit

Another Look at an Old Story & BSPv2 Update

First Blogger Progress Report