New Story!

I knocked out almost 2,000 words today to complete my latest story, "Next Breath." Of course, it's far from actually complete since I now need to take a look at the story as a whole, and make sure there are no plot holes or grammar whoopsies. I also think I should try to gussy up the language a little. Throw some lipstick on that pig. I feel like it turned out good, though. We'll see in the following weeks.

I won't be able to give it much time to cure, though, since I intend to sneak it into this quarter's Writers of the Future contest. That gives me two weekends to make it as pretty as possible. One thought I had was printing it out and retyping the whole thing. I haven't revamped a story like that yet, but I hear it helps. I'm becoming a good editor thanks to my experiences with Scribophile, so maybe I can look at my story more like a reader and get it really popping.

I intend to get going on my next story as soon as possible. Whether it's the scifi I've already started, or one of my horror ideas, I'm not sure yet. I'd like to start my next novel at the beginning of next year, ideally, so I'll take a break from the short stories again. It is fun to submit, as much as I hate seeing more rejection letters. Having seen an acceptance letter last year has renewed all my hopes.

Speaking of submission responses ... there are a few that should make their way to me within the next few weeks. I will let you know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Smoke Pulp Vol 2 News & The Edit

Another Look at an Old Story & BSPv2 Update

First Blogger Progress Report