Open Call & The Expanse
I noticed another open call pop up the other day, so sent out "Paradise Burned" again. Sim sub...sim sub...sim sub. Will I run out of magazines to send it to? Only time will tell. A lot of time, actually, since the earliest I can expect a response from any of these mags is September.
I'm building quite the universe in my head for my next short story. So much so that I'm wondering if it should instead be my next novel. With the brain brake I had with "Broken Gold," I'm considering doing another sci-fi novel for #3, namely, this new story. Many authors have used a short story as a launching pad for an expanded novel. Maybe I should start with a self-contained short and either use it as a prologue or inflate its parts into something expansive?
I've also posted a new novel review for an old Stephen King book over on Goodreads, and on my website.
Comments
Post a Comment