Chin Up, Pencil Down
To be honest, I held off on a new post in hopes I would have some more great news--namely, another publication. Alas, got the big ol' middle finger again, so had to resend "Paradise Burned" out to another couple mags.
The new short story, "Broken Gold" (it's called now), started out great but I've now hit a snag. I know how it ends, only I don't know how to make that believable. Not that it's absurd, it just needs all the ingredients to be delicious. Every time I dip my finger in, it feels like it's missing something. I will figure it out. I won't just wait for it to work itself out in my head like I used to do, though. I will need to start my next short story.
My next short story should be a beauty! I've got a great sci-fi idea that will require a good deal of research before I get started. My intention is to start chipping away at that tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment