Submitting Day!

Yay! Submitting day! It always feels good to submit. Nothing but possibilities when you first send a manuscript to a publisher. I actually feel a renewed sense of elation on submitting now that I've experienced a small amount of moderate success. I just need that feeling of acceptance again.

I combed through "Paradise Burned" once more to make sure it reads properly. And I think it does. The last magazine I sent it to is apparently notorious for not sending a response to submission. A rejection is just an ignore to them sometimes, I guess. I think that's plain rude. Send me a form letter. I don't need anything fancy, but I do need something. Anyway, I sent it off to OnSpec.

I also added a few things to make "Thieves of Chikara" read better. Little tweaks here and there that occurred to me throughout the week to make it more vivid. It reads so well that I couldn't help myself--I sent it out! I gave it to Writers of the Future contest in hopes of at least getting another Honourable Mention. Or better.

Finally, I poked Adriano for an update on paper copies of Big Smoke Pulp, Vol 2. I talked to an old co-worker who bought a copy and he asked about it. I feel it's my duty to annoy the publisher at this point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Smoke Pulp Vol 2 News & The Edit

Another Look at an Old Story & BSPv2 Update

More Edits & More Anxiety