Big Smoke Pulp Update & Storms in the Brain

A pretty quiet day on the writing front today. There are a few updates to drop on ya, though.

The editor of Big Smoke Pulp, Vol. 2 got back to my inquiry to let me know that the print copies are indeed on their way! In fact, the next comment on the Kickstarter a few days later was from a supporter who had received his book. I may be only days away from updating my bookshelf! Adriano also confirmed that the story will be available for purchase on Amazon after the Kickstarter is fulfilled.

From The Submission Grinder (submission logging and tracking website), I've learned that form rejections are still being doled out from the last place I sent "Paradise Burned." Their average rejection timeline is about 31 days, while their average acceptance timeline is 45 days. "Paradise Burned" is on day 52. So where does that leave me? You would think I would be excited about this potential sale, but I've been fooled before. They could just be behind. Like I've said before, they aren't even looking at the best version, the version I recently tweaked. OnSpec says no sim-subs, so I'm a little anxious now. I wonder if they make a pill for that...

Over on my Hallway Writing website, I've dropped another Writing Rumination and book review:

https://sites.google.com/view/hallwaywriting/home/writers-corner/

As for stories, I'm just going to brainstorm for my short story prequel to my next novel today. That being said, I also had a breakthrough for another scifi short story idea. So I will let my imagination steer me in my next direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Smoke Pulp Vol 2 News & The Edit

Another Look at an Old Story & BSPv2 Update

More Edits & More Anxiety